The main objective of the project is the development of a model-based predictor system, “VirtRoll”, supporting the flexible design of strip rolling, joining functionality of numerical simulations, material modelling (metamodelling), sensitivity analysis and optimization to minimize costs related to the design of production processes and to optimize the properties of semi and final products.
The VirtRoll system will be realized through completion of the following tasks:
- Analysis of innovative rolling mill architectures and possibilities of their configuration,
- Application of the inverse analysis and sensitivity analysis to industrial data for development of material models
- Creation of material database gathering properties of advanced materials properties and models,
- Design and implementation of computer system virtualizing strip rolling mill by joining database, numerical simulations, knowledge based engineering and visualization functionalities,
- Validation of possible scenarios of system usage in practice.